Monday, January 26, 2009

Who does Arlovski fight next?

Who does Arlovski fight next?

I don't know who's eligible to fight in Affliction, but there are a ton of fights I'd like to see before Arlovski avenges his loss to Fedor.

The fights I'd like to see are as follows:

Arlovski vs Sylvia 4:

I'm not a huge fan of seeing two guys fight 4 times, but these two hate each other with a passion. Tim called AA a douchebag, AA gave Tim his new nickname (pee-pee-pee taster) and both of these guys want to end the other guys career. I wouldn't mind seeing AA KO Tim two more times to take the "best of 5"

Arlovski vs Gilbert Yvel:

Yvel is powerful on the feet, but I don't think he has the precision and athleticism to hang with Andrei. Question AA's chin all you want, but he ducks, dodges, dips, dives, and dodges with the best of them. I don't think Yvel would get close enough to Andrei to do the type of damage needed to knock him out. Yvel is tough though, and his toughness could make for an entertaining 2 rounds.

Arlovski vs Paul Beuntello:

Beuntello looked very sharp against Fedor's protoge, Kiril. He also seemed to have plenty in the tank at the end of the fight. Beuntello has won some big fights and lost some big fights, but he's talented enough to be a good rebound fight for Arlovski.

Arlovski vs Aleks:

I don't know if Aleks will fight for Affliction, but the best way for AA to get a rematch with Fedor is to KO his brother and then bash his head while the ref tries to pull him off. I'm not saying that AA winning is a sure thing, or that he would go Rampage on Aleks, but I'm pretty sure beating Aleks would line him up for another fight with Fedor.

Arlovski vs Sergei:

Fresh off his win over Jimmy Ambriz, Sergei was supposed to take part in the Dream HW title tourney, but CroCop/Overeem was a draw so the title tourney has been put on hold. Maybe Sergei can make his way over to the USA to try and become the third Russian to best AA. I'd still take AA in this fight, but Sergei is a warrior.

Arlovski vs Jimmy Ambriz:

Just to get his confidence back.

and finally, Arlovski vs Cro Cop:

Also, just to get his confidence back.
-------

All I know is this, the next person to fight AA will be beat to death with his fists of flurry. I can't wait.

No comments: