Friday, September 12, 2008

Kimbo vs Ken Shamrock Teleconference highlights

This teleconference was pure gold.

Here are some of the better parts of it:

Some shit I jotted down during it:

Ken: I'd like to apologize but I'm going to shut people up on Oct 4th.
Kimbo: Promise?
Ken: Yeah I'm so sure I'll shave your goatee afterwards

Ken: I guarantee I'm going to answer all the questions and put a period at an end at it.

Ken: I'm not going to outskill him or anything I'm going to go in there and do what I do best and beat people up.

Ken: Check that retirement. No one ever retires. Talks in my household are about me getting healthy and beating people up.

Kimbo: Keep streaks the way they are. Ken's gonna keep his streak and I'm gonna keep mine.

Ken: He's big, he's strong, he's fast. Everytime I fight somebody I bring out the best in them. Everybody wants to see that fight when I fight. I'm gonna beat the best Kimbo.

Kimbo: I'm gonna break Ken's leg.

Ken: *in response to losing his last 8* I apologized for those fights and don't want to get into the reasons. It's irrevelant how I get it done, what matters is that I get in there and get it done.

Ken: I am a stepping stone. It's an insult to me. I'm going to smash it back in their face. There is no tomorrow cause I haven't thought about it.

Kimbo: He's gonna have to Superman to beat me. If Shamrock takes it to the ground I'm gonna mess him up.

Some Guy and Jared Shaw: I don't see this as serving up Ken. Something about Kimbo on the ground and 84% wins by submission. Ken's last 10 losses are against some of the BEST COMPETITION IN MMA.

Kimbo: Uses MMAMATH Shamrock lost to Frye who lost to Thompson who lost to Kimbo.

Ken: Shit in one hand and nothing in the other.

Ken: I'm gonna go for everything, in my opinion, Kimbo has only knocked out fighters who get tired. I don't respect his power, grappling. Ken is gonna get in there and stand there and whip his ass. Punch, throw, sub, etc...
Kimbo: Was Tank Tired, Was Bo tired? Laughs
Ken: Yeah keep counting your record.
Kimbo: Keep counting your losses buddy.
Ken: Yeah yeah that's your problem dude, look to the future.
Kimbo: I am, whooping your ass.
Ken: It's going to end in October.

Kimbo: Ken is gonna be like my protein pancakes. I'm gonna eat him up.

Ken: You see the way I see it is I'm gonna go out there and be too fast for him./ I hit hard. He's gonan eat a few punches and kicks and then he's gonna get tired and I'm gonna let him fall down.
Kimbo: I'll give you a chin shot Ken.
Ken: Everybody heard that.
Kimbo: I'm giving you that.
Ken: That's why I'm the veteran and you are the rookie, cause you're an idiot.

Bas: When I fought Ken I had no ground game. Now I have sub game. And I give sub game to Kimbo. Ask (list of fighters) if they've tapped me then ask the other way around.

Kimbo: To lose to ken is not a bad thing. But to kick his ass is even better.

Ken: No I don't respect Kimbo. I have no respect for him at all.
Kimbo: That's why you are an idiot.
Ken: I guess we will find that out won't we Jabroni.

Ken: Don't hate the hater, appreciate. More power to him. The only thing I don't like is he's in the ring against me.

special training partners:
Kimbo: Yeah I did. Not telling.
Ken: Went to the corner store and fought a bunch of thugs over 280lbs.
Kimbo: Calls Ken an idiot while a question is being asked

Kimbo: I'll fight anybody.
Bas: Kimbo will fight Mike Tyson if I want him to. It's up to us who he fights though, the management.

What do you have left to prove Ken?
Ken: I love to fight and beat people up. Kimbo is billed as the worlds dangerous guy. He's in my territory and I'm gonna beat him down and take that back.
Kimbo: I'm not an average guy and that's the same shit Tank said.

Ken: I can't hear what you are saying dude.
Ken: First of all you need to shut your mouth. You have no idea what respect is. You need to redirect your question. Kimbo reminds me of Tank Abbott.

Kimbo: I stopped eating snickers (when questioned about his stamina)

Kimbo: A bunch of cussing about Shamrock being a badass fuck fuck knock me the fuck out break my fucking leg fuck my shit up cause I'm gonna do the same to you.

Ken: I'm gonna come in at 280lbs and hit him with a straight right, left hook, knee to the chin.

Ken: First thing I'm gonna do is drop to my knees and thank the lord. Then go have dinner and plan for the next one.
Kimbo: Hard rock afterparty. Iguanas afterparty. Then family time.

Kimbo: Hairdresser or florist instead of MMA fighter.

Ken: No way dude. I'm not one of those kind of guys who plays it safe. I don't do it. I love doing what I do. I'll continue to keep fighting as long as I can.

No comments: